Nurturing Your Child in a Personalized Learning Environment
Daycroft Montessori School has been one of Ann Arbor's leading private schools since 1968. Your child will thrive here. Our mission is to provide a highly personalized learning environment that appreciates individual differences, nurtures the whole child, and enables students to develop at their own pace and achieve to their full potential. This happens in a warm, caring, open, and culturally diverse environment.
Montessori and More
A Daycroft education blends the distinctive student-centered approach of Maria Montessori with traditional and progressive teaching methods. Our aim is to have your child benefit from the best of many methods of learning. This helps prepare your child for the challenges of continuing education and the many experiences of life.
- Directed Choice – Daycroft students take responsibility and are accountable for their education. With careful direction from Daycroft’s teachers, your child will have the freedom to make choices and learn independently—from day to day, from month to month, and from year to year. This helps your child build self-esteem and confidence.
- Focus on Academics – At Daycroft, your child will steadily develop skills in language arts, math, culture, science, social studies, geography, technology, a foreign language, and the arts. Montessori classroom materials engage students, encouraging their eagerness to learn. As students master new skills, they move on to more challenging materials and progress toward their full potential. In this way, the Daycroft curriculum fits your child, rather than making your child fit the curriculum.
- Character Development – Daycroft considers your child’s development of character equally with academic growth. Our students learn to take care of themselves, their environment, and each other. They practice cooking, cleaning, building, gardening, moving gracefully, speaking politely, being considerate and helpful, and contributing to the community.
- Love of Learning – Each day at Daycroft, teachers guide students according to their own learning styles in exploring materials that kindle and sustain their interest. Teachers and students work collaboratively, delivering exceptional results. Your child gains a lifelong love of learning.
Diane Mukkala, our head of school, shares her thoughts.
Watch Video »
Languages, art, music, and more. What’s new for 2011-12 »
- Frequently Asked Questions »
- Meet the Daycroft Team »
- Tuition Assistance »
- Online Application »
- Follow us on Facebook »
Want to Know More?
Order an information packet using our online form. Or call us at 734.662.3335.