Career Opportunities at Daycroft
- Montessori elementary certification (preferred)
- Four year degree in education
- Teaching certification
- 2-5 years teaching experience
Competitive Compensation Package
Please send resume to Diane Mukkala, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daycroft Montessori School is an independent, Preschool-6 grade non-profit school of ~200 students. Daycroft blends the distinctive student-centered teaching methods of Maria Montessori with traditional and progressive teaching methods. Daycroft thus accomplishes its educational mission: to provide a personalized learning environment that appreciates individual differences, nurtures the whole child, and enables students to develop at their own pace and achieve to their full potential.
Daycroft is one of Washtenaw County's leading independent schools. It began as a preschool program in 1968. Daycroft has since grown to include a full-day kindergarten program, an elementary school program through 6th grade, before-school and after-school care, summer camp programs, and enrichment classes.
Daycroft has two campuses; a Preprimary School and an Elementary School (grades K through 6). Phone: (734) 662-3335.-->
Substitute teachers work collaboratively with a co-teacher in a Daycroft classroom or by themselves in specials to help implement our mission: to provide a personalized learning environment which appreciates individual differences, nurtures the whole child, and enables students to develop at their own pace and achieve to their full potential.
- Establish effective relationships with co-teacher and students.
- Take necessary precautions to provide safety and security of students.
- Communicate effectively and problem-solve issues, when needed.
- Assist classroom co-teacher with lessons and management of students’ work plans (K-6).
- Provide support to students during their work period.
- Provide supervision on playground during recess.
Specials Including Art, Library/Technology, Music, Spanish and Physical Education
- Follow the lesson plan provided by the specials teacher.
- Provide support to students, as needed.
- Set-up lunchroom and food.
- Assist children with serving their food.
- Supervise students during lunch and clean-up time.
- Clean lunchroom dishes and kitchen when lunch is over.
- Assist supervisor with setting up room.
- Supervisor children and provide support when needed.
- Assist with school closing procedure at the end of the day.
- Four-year degree in education or related field
- Montessori certification (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills
Send your resume to email@example.com.
Diane Mukkala, our head of school, shares her thoughts.
Watch Video »
Languages, art, music, and more. What’s new for 2011-12 »
- Frequently Asked Questions »
- Meet the Daycroft Team »
- Tuition Assistance »
- Online Application »
- Follow us on Facebook »
Want to Know More?
Order an information packet using our online form. Or call us at 734.662.3335.