Daycroft Mission and Vision
To provide a personalized learning environment that appreciates individual differences, nurtures the whole child, and enables students to develop at their own pace and achieve to their full potential.
- Learning – Our children gain a lifelong, ingrained love of learning. They love to achieve and learn from their experiences, both positive and negative. They value the ability to grow and develop.
- Integrity – We value honesty. We wrestle with the tough ethical issues to determine the right thing to do, now and in the long term. We do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We are dedicated and loyal.
- Self-confidence – We believe in ourselves. We can accomplish anything we come up against. We nurture our children so they develop a healthy self-esteem.
- Work ethic – We work hard and we work smart to be productive, both individually and as a community. We don’t give up; we show perseverance and tenacity.
- Kindness – We are kind to one another and treat others the way we want to be treated. We are compassionate and we respect one another. We help those in need.
- Diversity – Our students appreciate one another and value individual differences. Students celebrate their diversity. We help students become effective global citizens.
We are preparing children to become successful global citizens who have a life-long love of learning and a strong set of core values. From this, they will be able to demonstrate leadership and achieve excellence.
Our teachers and staff are dedicated and energized; they work together to further our mission and assure a personalized learning environment that nurtures the whole child – emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically.
Individual learning styles are met through a low student-to-teacher ratio and the Montessori approach, complemented by traditional and progressive teaching methods. This successfully prepares students for the challenges of further education and life’s experiences.
We work for the betterment of our school and the global community through collaborative projects that demonstrate compassion and caring for others. We partner with others to provide unique learning opportunities for our students.
Daycroft is one of Ann Arbor's leading private schools. Our solid financial health allows us to build a strong foundation for future growth and to achieve our strategic goals